The driver who caused the arrest of the alleged killer of the late Otumfuo Asamponhene has disclosed how the arrest happened.
According to the driver, he normally plies the Ouagadougou -Accra route, which was where he met the alleged killer Sadat Mohammed and his wife Nana Yaa Asantewaa Bonsu, who is the queen mother of Pakyi No 1.
The driver explained that the Pakyihemaa attempted to run to Ghana with their seven children and her husband Sadat tried to prevent her from doing that which resulted in a heated argument.
The driver further stated that he approached Sadat Mohammed and his wife and advised them to settle their differences at home.
It was after this that the Pakyihemaa approached the driver and informed him that Sadat is the alleged killer of Otomfuo’s Asamponhene and he is currently wanted by the police in Ghana.
The Pakyihemaa informed the driver that she has informed the Ghana Police about the location of Sadat to aid in his arrest but the police failed to show up.
The driver further disclosed that he later contacted Ghana’s Ambassador to Burkina Faso but all efforts to get the police proved futile.
He stated that he also contacted the Crime Officer at the Ghana Central Police station and after several calls, they directed him back to Ghana’s Ambassador to Burkina Faso.
According to the driver, he, together with the Pakyihemaa went to the Burkina Faso police station to file a complaint but no policeman was available to assist in the arrest.
The driver revealed that he was able to convince Sadat Mohammed to come for his wife, the Pakyihemaa which he where he organized some boys in the neighborhood to arrest Sadat.
Listen to the audio below;
The driver added that after several hours he was able to handover Sadat Mohammed to the police service.
The driver explained that since then he has had sleepless nights and currently fears for his life.
The Asamponhene of Kumasi was gruesomely murdered on 18th August 2019 while he was traveling on the Ejura – Nkoranza road.
The queen mother of Pakyi No. 1, Nana Yaa Asantewaa Bonsu is currently in police custody assisting in the investigation.